Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Juggling

So, you all know that I have been in Madison going to school forever. Alright, not forever, but it has been a long time. I have been on a roll with my research right now, but I have been having a really hard time juggling school, work and family. Here is what a typical day is like when David works, ideally...

6:00 am Wake up , take a shower
6:30 am Find something to wear, I have nothing because I am in between sizes from gaining and now losing weight post baby!
6:45 Wake up David so he can go and get Isabel warm coffee milk and wake her up. She doesn't like it when I do it.
7:00 Feed Abby, turn on Mike & Mike on ESPN 2
7:20 Realize I have been laying down listening to M&M too long and jump up to finish getting myself ready and prod Isabel to finish breakfast so I can fix her hair
7:45 Leave to take Isabel to school and get to work
8:00 Drop Isabel off at school
8:15 David drops off Abby and me at work (3 days a week)
8:15-1:30 pm Juggle Abby and my work at the Graduate School
1:30 pm David comes to pick us up and we head home so he can leave for work
1:45 Get home and lay down to feed Abby and chill out
2:15pm David leaves for work and I try not to fall asleep
2:45 Leave to go and pick up Isabe;
3:00 Pick Isabel up from school
3:15 Get home and get Isabel a snack and feed Abby
3:30-5:30 Play with Isabel, Feed Abby, convince Isabel she has to get in the bath
6:00 Talk to David on phone, update on day from Isabel
6:30 Bath for Isabel
7-8 Quiet play time, Feed Abby, put her to sleep for the night
8:00 Isabel's bedtime
8:15 Try to do a little housework, lay out Isabel's clothes
9 ish David calls again to chat and have grown up talk
10ish Try to do some school work, but realize I am exhausted and instead lay down when Abby gets up to eat and pass out
11:30 David gets home, kisses my forehead, smiles at Abby, peeks in at Isabel and does Sodoku(I usually don't wake up when he gets home)

Now, when I am supposed to do schoolwork? And anyone who says that stay at home moms don't work, are full of it! Happy Mother's Day to you all. I'll post the real day tomorrow. The one where everything goes wrong.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Good Lord. I have no idea how you do it with two. You're my HERO!